June 6, 2012

Weekly Want: SUPER Giaguaro Quasimodo

Living in sunny California, we wear sunglasses almost all year round. SUPER by RETROSUPERFUTURE makes the best glasses (both optical and sunglasses) I have ever seen. They're made in Italy and have ZEISS lenses from Germany which provide a high level of protection in all conditions. They have an amazing range of colors and the perfect tortoises. The Giaguaro is by far my favorite frames of the bunch and the Quasimodo colorway makes me think "Why don't more people make tortoise like this anymore?" It employed a long-forgotten acetate blending technique from the 70s which gives it its unique color and making each pair slightly different. I just love how rich the gold and ambers are in the blend. The shape reminds me of some of the great glasses I had growing up that I wish I could still wear.


Available at RETROSUPERFUTURE for €185

No comments :

Post a Comment