May 25, 2022

New Washi Tape

One of the products that was I was working on in developing late 2019/early 2020 was washi tape. I, myself, use washi tape on a daily basis…whether it be for packaging shop orders or just to tape off the border of my paper when painting. But then the pandemic hit. It put a bit of a halt on global manufacturing/trade/production, and I honestly didn’t know when I would be doing any overseas manufacturing ever again.

Now that the world is starting to open back up again, I decided to baby step my way into getting stuff made again. I have asked around to friends who have still been getting stuff made throughout the pandemic how the transit time has been like. One of my big fears was that product would be stuck in customs for a while. But it turned out to not be a big issue because my orders are usually small enough to travel by air via DHL, instead of being stuck at the ports on a cargo ship.

So here they are…FINALLY! My first few new designs of washi tape. I love how they came out and I love the quality of the adhesive. Not to name any names, but a few of my friends have had washi tape made by a different manufacturer and their hardly stick to anything. There’s nothing more frustrating that washi tape that simply looks pretty but does not function. Yes, washi tape is supposed to be low tack and non-damaging…but not to the point where it completely rolls off the second you put it down. When I received my rolls I did a few tests where I would reposition and reapply the same strip of tape over and over again to see if it remained sticky and IT DID! So if you would like to grab a few rolls for yourself, these are now available in my shop.

No comments :

Post a Comment