January 8, 2012

Sunday Signage



Unlike yesterday, we didn't really have a plan today. We sorta just wandered about. We headed over to the University of Minnesota campus to check out the Weisman Art Museum that was designed by Frank Gehry. Afterwards, we went to check out some of the shops across the street in a neighborhood appropriately named Dinkytown. I would say the restaurants and shops seemed very lackluster, but I loved the little remnants of what was once there. There was an old pharmacy with mosaics on the exterior that say "DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS" that is now Loring's Pasta Bar. Unfortunately, I was driving when I passed it and didn't get a chance to take a picture of it. As we walked down the block, it was just weird to see such a huge contrast between the old and the new & trendy.

Above is Camdi, which I originally read as Camoi.

No comments :

Post a Comment