February 12, 2015

Practice, Practice, Practice

This week, I've been focusing on getting better at painting in Photoshop. I have a degree in graphic design, but I mostly worked with making illustrations out of shapes…never actually painting freehand digitally. I've been wanting to get better at painting digitally for a while. The biggest hurdle for me has mostly been getting used to drawing with a Wacom tablet. My hands haven't quite gotten used to the sorta disconnect that comes with trying to coordinate what your hands are doing on with tablet with what's happening on the screen. But this is on my list of goals for 2015 and I'm determined to get better at it. I believe that if I can nail this, my workflow would be so much more efficient and the actual work may even get better. So here are a few things I doodled from the past couple of days.


2 comments :

  1. I love many digital artwork pieces, but I like illustrating the old-fashioned way. Hahah
    These came out nicely, I remember learning how to draw a dog by using the letter "b" and adding the little details. :)
    I also viewed the rest of your work and must confess that I'm in love! My favorite illustration is the Soft Serve Kitties.<3


    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! I wouldn't know how to actually "draw" something in photoshop I only use it to play around with colours and extreme editting for my photography.
    blog ♥

    ReplyDelete