March 7, 2013

Current Tunes: "Out of My League" – Fitz and The Tantrums

I have never been a fan of Fitz and The Tantrums, but their latest single "Out of My League" is too catchy to pass up. I think it also helps that when I first heard this, it didn't sound like them. To me, this track kinda sounds like a mix between The Bravery, The Killers, and maybe The Rosebuds? In some ways, it reminds me of David Bowie's "Modern Love"…if it was slower.



This week has been pretty busy. Early in the week, I got a wholesale order from Rare Device in San Francisco. I'm so happy and excited that they want to carry my journals in store. So I had to quickly make a batch of 25 journals, each made by hand. Hopefully, this is a good beginning to a future list of great stockists. Then yesterday I got a call from a new client who was referred to me by my friend Leanna, so now I have that project on my plate as well. But luckily, the order for Rare Device is being shipped tomorrow. 

This track has been the perfect track to leave playing in the background. It's catchy and upbeat enough to keep me going, but repetitive enough that I can ignore it. It's easily one of the least memorable songs I've ever heard in my life. Honestly, once it stops playing I can't even remember what it sounds like. A that's a weird phenomenon that's never really happened with any other song for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment