January 10, 2012

More Coffee, Please


Ever since my trip to San Francisco last month, I've been in love with small independent coffee roasters. I was never really much of a coffee drinker, tea is definitely more my thing. But the characteristics of coffee from smaller roasters remind me very much of tea and that's what got me hooked!

We were roaming around the Calhoun neighborhood of Minneapolis today when we came across the Dogwood Coffee Bar (we'll probably stop by a regular full-size location sometime later). Their coffee was really good, but probably second best to Spyhouse so far. Dogwood is a Minneapolis-based roaster and serves up their beans whereas Spyhouse uses beans from California and Portland roasters. But my absolute fav is still the San Francisco-based Blue Bottle Coffee.

No comments :

Post a Comment