July 30, 2011

Whatchamawhatzit?!

This week, TeenNick brought back classic Nickelodeon shows from the '90s. A two hour block every night starting at midnight called '90s Are All That. As you may have guessed, All That is part of the line up.  I was never really a fan of All That, but I was excited to be able to watch Doug again. But seeing it now, the stories still hold up. It's only the animation that looks and feels really dated. I'm excited for the coming weeks when they'll be showing Salute Your Shorts, Hey Arnold, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Pete & Pete and (hopefully) some Hey Dude!

All this nostalgia got me thinking about how I used to wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch whatever was on ABC. And one of first commercials to burn itself into my memory was Hershey's Whatchamacallit. I loved the super long ridiculous name! I doubt any kid now has ever heard of it. Hell, I don't even think most people my age remember it.


It was one of my favorite candy bars. I was never able to find the spinoff flavor called Thingamajig.

Next time on the nostalgia agenda: Daria. MTV is already bringing back Beavis and Butthead. Rumor has it, Daria is next. I think Viacom is onto something. It's either that or they're very well aware of the best decade of their life.

No comments :

Post a Comment